Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Lesson #6: Hexatonic Melody

I first discovered Hexatonic scales a couple years back while playing through Jerry Bergonzi's Inside Improvisation series. I didn't spend much time on the subject until recently when I began revisiting the series. The scale concepts he presents in the book have certainly opened my ears up to new sounds. However, the book falls a little short with me in it's discussion of practical application of the scales. In an effort to sound less patternistic, I wrote what I feel to be more melodic ideas over ii-V-I progressions. In lesson #6, we will be discussing one of the more successful of those attempts.

Click here for the FREE .pdf copy of this lesson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Start Facebook